We all have our own ideas about that what foods are good for us and what we should cut, whether it is a low carb diet, five fruits per day, food supplements or counting calories is to keep our weight. But it seems that we have provided a new approach – the Nutritarian way. Short said is to eat approach Nutritarian take over the amount of nutrients in every bite, we count. The goal is to make every bite as packed full of nutrients as possible.
So to calculate the nutrients we need a new measure and there is one, it’s called ANDI (aggregate nutrient density index). ANDI has developed by Dr Fuhrman has been and has been approved at least a celebrity. The ANDI measures food how many micronutrients are there per calorie, which means that vitamins and minerals are also counted. All of them have the highest score food is 1,000.
Eat nutritious foods benefits of high
The promoter of this system say that if you eat foods, which are packed with nutrients to lose weight and your appetite naturally curbed are is. They claim that a diet with high ANDI protects achieved food against modern diseases and improves your emotional and physical well-being in the course of time, reversing many diet-related chronic diseases. These claims based on multi-year research and a two year peer review conducted at a University in the United States.
What foods are the winners and losers?
- Vegetables top by ANDI scores are green leafy vegetables, especially Collard Greens and watercress with the maximum score of 1000, Kohl is lower at 481 and peppers result of 258
- Fruit – colored fruits bright score of 212 to 100 with strawberries at the top of the scale, other nutritious packed fruits are blueberries, oranges and melon at the lower end of scoring 100
- Nuts and seeds – score lower, the fruits, the highly nutritious are flax and sunflower seeds, pistachios, almonds and walnuts 61 of 78 to
- Beans and legumes – lentils and kidney beans results highest at 104 and 100 or
- Meat and fish result quite deep down the scale, the best essence of salmon, shrimp, chicken breast, lean beef, ranging from 39 up to 20 beef.
- Carbohydrates : Carbohydrates are not disadvantaged, they are replaced by the natural sugars in fruit and vegetables, but oatmeal results 53, 31 potatoes and rye wholemeal bread/noodles 25.
- Dairy foods even not preferred, but if you insist then reduces low-fat milk and yogurt plus eggs are OK.
Food and beverages such as Cola, French fries and ice cream make it hardly on the scale of ANDI!
Key features of the Nutritarian diet
The main feature of this diet is that there is a lot to eat higher proportion of fruit and vegetables, smoothies and soups are favorites. Fat is also eaten to get energy, but by food, nuts and seeds than animal fats. Much smaller amounts of carbohydrates are consumed by consumption of beans, whole grains, and starchy vegetables.
The Nutritarian diet cuts always protein from meat and fish or dairy products. Proteins are meat with vegetable proteins and carbohydrates such as white bread and pasta are replaced by the natural sugars that are in fruits and vegetables.
At least a dietitian expressed concern that this diet is hard, too far on the road to fruits and vegetables with not enough protein and carbohydrates. It can be very difficult to keep, when much of the food we buy can have a low ANDI.
What is a healthy diet?
Even if you not go and a Nutritarian assume it offers a lot of useful tips diet eat the whole, to provide the nutrients your body needs and which may be less beneficial and therefore eaten in smaller amounts.
So pack your diet with spinach, carrots, squash, kidney beans, lentils, oranges, red grapes, blueberries, walnuts, almonds, pine kernels, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds… and you are on the right way to stay healthy and younger.