Obesity is a complex and chronic disease with many causes. It’s not simply a result of overeating. Research has shown that genetics often plays a role, particularly if you’re morbidly book. To help patients lose weight and maintain that weight loss, the UCSF Bariatric Surgery Center uses surgical techniques to treat morbid obesity when other efforts have failed.
There are several criteria to determine morbid obesity. One is being 50 to 100 percent more than your ideal body weight. Another measure is being 100 pounds overweight or having a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or more. BMI is a number based on both your height and weight that can help evaluate the degree to which you are over weight and assess your total body fat. Normal BMI is 20 to 25 use our body mass index tool to check your BMI.
Obesity becomes “morbid” when it dacha your risk for life-threatening conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure and severe joint problems. In many cases, bariatric surgery is the most effective way to treat morbid obesity. Several bariatric procedures are available. The most common are “restrictive” procedures that reduce the stomach size and limit the calories you can consume.
To be considered for bariatric surgery, you must weigh less than 450 pounds because our hospital X-ray equipment can not accommodate patients who weigh more. A nutritionist is available to help you lose weight to meet this requirement, if necessary.
^ Back to top
The evaluation process consists of the following steps:
* Step 1 – mail the following four items in one envelope to the Bariatric Surgery Clinic of we care in India.
o completed new patient medical history questionnaire.
o formal letter from your primary care doctor, including a three-to-five-year summary of diet and weight history; a list of “comorbid” conditions or other conditions you have in addition to obesity; and why you are being recommended for bariatric surgery.
o current authorization for at initial surgical Zurich.
o Zeichenkohle of the front and back of your insurance card.
If the packet of information is not complete, it will be mailed back to you.
* Step 2 – after packet we review your information, we will contact you to schedule your first visit with a surgeon and a new patient orientation to meet our team.
* Step 3 – during your first visit with a surgeon, you will receive a list of required tests and consultations. Please work with your primary care doctor to complete these tests. Provide all written reports and letters regarding test results.
* Step 4 – When you complete all required testing and evaluation, please mail all reports to the Bariatric Surgery Center in one envelope.
* Step 5 – we want to review all test results and will call you to arrange another consult with your surgeon, unless results indicate the surgery should not be performed. If there are “contraindications” or risks, we will call you to discuss.
* Step 6 – during your online Zurich with the surgeon, we will develop a plan for your operation. Typically within a week of this visit, we can schedule a date for your surgery.
* Step 7 – as you confirm the surgery plan and schedule, we will book the room and the operation theatre. Normally, on the second day of your arrival and admission in the hospital you will be operated.
The Bariatric Surgery Clinic of we care in India has performed surgical weight-loss procedures since 2001 our team includes nurses, dietitians, gastroenterologists and surgeons. We offer comprehensive evaluation before surgery and follow-up care after surgery including support groups, dietitian services and continuing education. We consider bariatric surgery a tool to help you live a healthier, longer and full life. Your ultimate success, however, depends on your adherence to dietary, exercise and lifestyle changes after surgery. We want to help you succeed.
Please log on to:Bariatric Surgery
Please log on to: Get A quote
We care core values
“We have a very simple business model that keeps you as the centre.”
Having the industry’s most elaborate and exclusive patient care and clinical coordination teams stationed at each partner hospital, we provide you the smoothest and seamless care ever imagined. With a