So, as is the case with any type of surgery, a surgery requires a kind of preparation prior to the procedure and thorough follow-up with a focus on diet and exercise after.
Preparing for the gastric sleeve procedure
- Smoking is probably the number of enemy of all bariatric operations, because it increases the chance, infections, pneumonia, blood clots, etc.. It is also a factor which slows healing and can cause life-threatening complications. It is recommended that smoking at least one month before the sleeve Gastrectomy.
- Los Angeles weight loss surgeons recommend patients start, a few weeks before gastric sleeve because of the increased opportunities simply remove adaptation to the post-surgery diet plan.
What is probably to vertical sleeve Gastrectomy
You can expect the gastric sleeve operation in a matter of a few weeks to recover from, while hospital stay lasts one or two days. It is a swollen, aching stomach for a few days after the operation have, of course, but to relieve any pain medication complaints by your bariatric surgeon. The transition to regular food is slightly different for each individual, but in General, the pattern is:
- 2 Weeks of liquids
- 2 Weeks-pureed and soft foods
- Gradual introduction of solids
You can expect to their excess weight during the first 6 months to 1 year after a gastric sleeve procedure lose about 50-80 percent. Improvement will occur is expected (often considerable) type 2-diabetes, hypertension (high blood pressure), obstructive sleep apnea, or other co-morbidities of obesity year in the first few months.
Lifestyle changes recommended to adopt after surgery
The operation itself should be considered as a first step towards a different quality of life. How successfully will be the sleeve Gastrectomy at the end, depends very much on the active participation and commitment of every weight-loss patients. Follow up care includes:
- Moderate but regular physical exercise to the body to build muscles and consume only stored fat instead of providing muscle tissue
- Eating habit changes be permanent. Eat slowly, are thoroughly Chew and carefully portioning a must. In addition to gastric sleeve patients, it is important, not during the meal, drink, and wait at least 30 minutes after a meal to drink.
Each procedure of bariatric surgery has life-changing impact on patients, so it is necessary to consult a weight loss surgeon, who can choose the appropriate procedure for you.