E. coli infection caused by Escherichia coli bacteria, which is located in the intestines.
Most of this gram negative rod-shaped E. coli bacteria are harmless and helps in the production of vitamin K2to of the host and the existence of other harmful bacteria in the intestine to prevent. But some E. coli bacteria responsible for infections and severe food poisoning.
Causes of gastrointestinal tract
Gastrointestinal tract by an infection caused. The infections are transmitted through contact with an infected person, poor hygiene and contaminated food or drink.
The popular causes usually viral. A rotavirus is the cause of more than 50 per cent of the under twos with the condition.
Bacteria are a cause of gastroenteritis, less common but tend to be harder his and contained Campylobacter, Shigella and E. Coliinfections.
The persons concerned
Gastroenteritis may be affected, but the most affected group is people in all age groups in health indicators.
- Bloody diarrhea : is one of the prominent symptoms of e-coli diarrhea with dark red blood cells. In times of diarrhea is not gory at the beginning and is bloody after a few days.
- Vomiting: Recurrent vomiting, symptoms that a patient can occur among the Ecoli . Stomach empties what frequently to a severe loss of weight.
- Refusal of feeds (babies)
- Loss of appetite (older children): This is a case where the person feels never hungry. He loses appetite. The GI and the wall of the small intestine attacked the E. Coli , viruses, resulting in diarrhea. The person loses more fluid and weight loss occurs.
- Fever: Very slight fever of temperature of small 101F occurs suddenly. The fever is mild but annoying.
- Abdominal pain
- Nausea: The infected person suffers from pain in the upper abdomen and one sensation to vomiting are observed. It is a feeling of the stomach, trying to deflate. They are usually of short duration, but when extended is restless.
- Stomach cramps: abdominal cramps occur as a reaction to the attack of E. Coli bacteria. A muscle contraction on the belly is abdominal cramps and is often mild and painful.
If your child have a dry mouth, sunken eyes no tears or a sunken Fontanelle (the gap in a baby skull) is displayed, can he/she paused. For babies, they can pass little or even no urine.
Seeing older children with mild gastroenteritis, abundant liquid (from the pharmacy) Rehydrating or drinking unsweetened fruit juices and as normal as possible food. We recommend light meals like soup, noodles, rice and bread to eat.
Feed usually in infants, (especially, and if possible normal full force RSS feeds under Bottlefed babies to continue) reflect hydrate solution as in older children.
Visit your family doctor for medical advice for small babies, to have children, which seem very uncomfortable or dehydrated or even if to settle stomach intestine not in one or two days.
Hospital treatment is necessary in severe cases. Some conditions can be mistaken for gastroenteritis.
Hygiene after a gastrointestinal especially careful, since the child for some time could be contagious.
Can damage of the intestinal mucosa and temporary lactose intolerance some kids do get the persistent watery diarrhea. Rehydrating solutions for 24 hours continue, however if there is chronic, get advice from experts.