Microdermabrasion has enjoyed great popularity due to the fact that it can stimulates collagen production and improved blood circulation in our skin, giving the skin a more healthier glow. Besides, it gives your skin a youthful look by improving the texture and lucidity of the skin by “abrading” the skin with microcrystals. The purpose of this procedure is to “polish” off the outermost layer of dead or dull skin which are the main culprit in slowing down the recovery rate of new skin cells underneath. Thus, with the many benefits of microdermabrasion, it is often being viewed as the best facial anti aging skin care treatment by most people.
Besides being used as a facial anti aging treatment, the microdermabrasion procedure has also shown great results for the treatment of acne, wrinkles, fine lines and stretch marks.
As compare with other skin care procedures like function and chemical peel, one of the benefits of microdermabrasion is its ease of operation. For those who have a hectic schedule, they can either get the treatment done during lunch break by the professionals or utilizing home microdermabrasion kits.
Other main benefits of microdermabrasion are highlighted below:
- There is no down time required for recovery with microdermabrasion and there is little or no discomfort involved during the treatment.
- One of the benefits of microdermabrasion is that patients can still continue treatment with retinoid drugs and other exfoliation therapies without sustaining any skin irritations. For example, some may go for microdermabrasion chemical peel treatment as a 2 way process for their deep acne scars problem etc.
- Microdermabrasion treatments can be administered yourself at home with a home microdermabrasion kit as the procedure requires no anesthesia and there are no adverse effects on the skin.
- Microdermabrasion treatment is suitable for most types of skin and skin color. As the “polishing” effect on the skin surface is purely physical, it does not have any side effects.
- Microdermabrasion is a very mild procedure as compare with chemical peels and dermabrasion. Therefore, the cost of a microdermabrasion treatment are normally easily affordable. Most professional spas or clinics present microdermabrasion treatment for as low as $100 per session. In fact, most of the treatment providers offer a bundled discount want to if you were to sign up for their treatment packages.
With so many benefits of microdermabrasion, you can be assured that the treatment will be suitable for most candidates. However, if you are still our if microdermabrasion is suitable for your skin problem, do consult a doctor or dermatologist. All the information provided here about microdermabrasion is for general reference and is not intent to replace any advices from your doctors or dermatologists.