If you and your family, you need additional storage a second story to your home find, you should consider. Sometimes it makes more sense upward instead of growing outwards. There are a number of considerations that should be your decision as to whether you add a room on the back of your House, or the page or add a second story to your House.
The benefits of adding a second story to your home
An advantage of is “grows up”, that you not to move to acquire additional space. If you like the location of your home, especially if your property has to improve benefits, a second story is a very popular way to add to get the extra storage space, without losing the neighborhood, it offers love. Improvement of the benefits may include views over water or a glimpse of mountains; It could be the quality of the local schools or proximity to municipal facilities; There could be some family history that attaches to the House; or maybe just in terms of “in”.
Another advantage to add a second story to your home is that it offers the opportunity to modernize your home or to “facilitate and enhance” opening some spaces, adding Windows, reach higher cover and the like. Adding a second story to a ranch house can radically change the appearance of the House.
Thirdly, the addition of a second story offers unlimited possibilities for designing the Interior of the second floor to meet your specific needs. For example, already have many Windows in the House, recommends a darker room, which can be a home theater. If you have a musician in the family, consider one of the rooms, soundproof. Is a photographer, you can design specially a room to meet the needs of a darkroom. If you add bedroom for your children, it is advisable to connect the rooms to a study. The possibilities are endless!
Fourth, adding a second story offers the chance, some changes to the first floor, and relatively low cost. Do you love spiral? When the roof comes, you can have access to the second floor. It will add the interest to the first floor.
Some popular features
You want the potential to add features or need to in this new space are endless. Here is a list of some features of that are very popular today.
• Add to build a home theater room – that a small kitchenette for cold drinks and popcorn add kind of comfortable seating, like your family, in your HD wide screen TV and mount your surround sound speakers.
• A hobby or craft / if you pursue a hobby or you are a crafter, even a seamstress, may want a space where you do your work and close the door to hide your ongoing projects messed up.
• You can create a playroom for the children – in cabinets and shelves for toys, games, etc.
• Extra bedroom – is one of the most common reasons for adding a second floor have more space in the bedroom and an additional bathroom.
• A teen suite or a daughter-in-law suite – there comes a time when young people want their own space. Their new second story is the perfect place to create a special suite rooms (living room, bedroom and bathroom) just for them. You can create a spacious and comfortable daughter-in-law suite. Add a small kitchen would create an entire apartment for parents or in-laws.
What is the cost?
You are probably more expensive it is to add a second story as to the add, find a room or two on the ground. Add in the ground floor is far less complicated and requires fewer changes to the existing structure. However, you will add probably not that much space by a room on the ground floor. In addition, the size of your site and the local “Kickback” requirements prohibit an addition to the size that you need.
Is this a do-it-yourself project?
The short answer is that if you not an architect, a contractor, a generator, or a structural engineer, it probably isn’t something to try to do yourself. Here are a few considerations:
• Know the local zoning, land use, building, and height specifications?
• You know how to create a second story to